October 24, 2020
A VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE & A 2021 GARDEN CELEBRATION
Welcome to A Magical Garden Adventure! Your patronage is key to our success in offering a natural sanctuary, public events, educational opportunities, urban agriculture, and outreach programs like #NourishColumbus and our upcoming FIELD project to help schools grow food. In exchange for your support, we look forward to providing a compelling virtual event including a lecture and live Q & A with world-renowned botanical historian Andrea Wulf, garden tours with our Executive Director Stefan Bloodworth, and music performed in the garden by students from the Schwob School of Music. Before the event, you will receive the following:
- Hosting tips for your small gathering should you choose to host your guests
- Tips on setting up your laptop or tablet to your TV should you choose
- Food order form to determine meal distribution and delivery address (one address per sponsor)
- Silent auction link for the Handbid app.
- Update on our in-person celebration in 2021 – music, food, libation, and togetherness await!
More than ever, your support is needed and appreciated. Here’s to celebrating this wonderful community asset together virtually now and later in person.
Director of Development
A Virtual Magical Garden Adventure – FAQ
All sponsors receive the following in varying quantities:
- Link to event program and live Q & A
- Champagne and Catered meal by GICC
- Gift basket with goodies and program
- Post-COVID in person celebration – including music and food
- Garden Pass to CBG programs and events (details pending per package)
- Mention in program
- Social Media promotion for businesses
- Access to silent auction via Handbid App.
Suggested Schedule of Events:
- 6:00 – Guests arrive and get settled with their champagne (15 minutes to get settled before the broadcast)
- 6:15 – Tune into the broadcast and kick-off with a welcome from Stefan and a collective Champagne toast.
- Program includes- virtual tour of the garden, meet the staff, a welcome from our Board Director, Kent Butler, and our presenting sponsor, Synovus, followed by a riveting presentation by Andrea Wulf.
- 7:15 – Live Q & A with Andrea Wulf (type questions in the chat box or send them in advance if you choose).
- 7:30 – Program has concluded and the stream continues with live musical performances recorded in the Garden featuring artists from Columbus.
- 7:30-8:45 – Enjoy dinner with your guests or with your family while being serenaded from the Garden.
- 8:45 – Stefan reminds listeners to place last bids on the silent auction items and bids you adieu before signing off.
- 9:00 – Broadcast is over and silent auction ends at 9:30.
Option 1 – You choose to host a Garden Party for you and your guests:
- According to your sponsorship level, we will deliver meals and champagne for that number of guests to your home plus your sponsor gift basket.
- You can choose to connect your computer to your TV, rent a screen, or ask your friends to bring their tablets. (Tech support available at the Geek Squad – +1 706-322-3541 – book your tutorial and hook-up in advance)
- For screen rental or large TV rental contact Columbus Tape and Video- 706-322-4885 .
- CBG will send a video to sponsors on how to login and set-up your screen. It will be as easy logging into Zoom.
- You and your guests will enjoy the program as you would a football game, super bowl party or award ceremony party for the Academy awards.
- After the program – enjoy the meal, the live music streaming, and the camaraderie!
- For the event link – Your event link can be shared with your guests to watch anytime after the broadcast at their leisure.
- For the post-COVID celebration of live music and food – you can give tickets to your guests.
Option 2 – You choose to host a Garden Party for YOU only! Gift your guests the link to the program and the meals for them to enjoy from their homes or
you can donate their meals back to the Garden.
- According to your sponsorship level, we will have the number of meals, champagne and gift basket for you to choose how to distribute.
- For the food, drink, & gift basket – We will deliver meals, champagne and gift basket to the sponsor. Other meals can be picked-up at the GICC. EXAMPLE: If you choose the Orchid Level sponsorship, you can receive champagne and meals for 8. You can choose how many meals and champagne are delivered to your home along with your gift basket. You can then choose to donate the remaining meals and champagne back to the Garden or gift them to your intended guests to pick-up at the GICC along with their event program.
- Deadline for delivery request – October 7, 2020.
- For the event link – You can share the event link with your intended guests up to the number allotted in your sponsorship package. Those recipients can then eat, drink and tune in at 6:00 along with their host. Please share our tech tips webpage along with the event login.
- For the post-COVID celebration of live music and food – you can gift tickets as you see fit.
NOTE – The event link is yours to have and watch anytime after the broadcast on October 24th at 6:00 pm. Also, the Sunflower Level is $100 for the event link only – no meals, champagne, or post-COVID in person celebration.