When is the garden open?
- The grounds are open from 8am-7pm. The office is closed on the following major holidays (New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day). During private events, sections of the Garden are reserved and may be closed to the public. Please respect those that have rented the Garden and avoid closed areas. Check the Events Calendar for more information and dates that have been reserved.
- The offices, inside the Adams Farmhouse, are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and are closed on some holidays and in cases of inclement weather.
When is the best time to visit?
- The garden is beautiful year round!
What is there to see?
- CBG has a number of garden displays and unique plant specimens. Visit the Garden to view the different gardens we have.
What does it cost to visit?
- The garden is free to the public! We accept donations and request a donation of $2 per person.
Is the Garden accessible to wheelchairs?
- The Garden covers varying terrain with concrete pathways, grass, and mulch paths. The Adams Farmhouse and the garden around the house are wheelchair accessible.
Are there restroom facilities or water fountains?
- There are three restrooms in the Adams Farmhouse and two outdoor restrooms. We do not have water fountains, however we are happy to offer you water from our tap. Just ask!
Can I bring my dog?
- Dogs are allowed on the Jo Ann Holt Walking Trail provided they are kept on a leash and you clean up after them. Service dogs are allowed.
Do you have a gift shop?
- We do not currently have a complete gift shop. However, we do have notecards and prints of the Sally H. Adams Vegetable Terraces, as well as prints of the Adams Farmhouse, by local artist Margarete Koepfer, for sell.
Is there someplace to eat?
- We do not have an on site restaurant.
How is the Garden funded?
- CBG is a 501c3 charitable organization that is primarily funded through memberships and donations. Certain projects are also funded through grant programs.
Do you host events?
- We do host events. The gardens are a beautiful backdrop for all types of events. For information about renting CBG for your event, visit Rentals.
Do you give tours?
- Guided tours are available Tuesday & Wednesday at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. Reservations must be made one month in advance. We request a minimum of 10 or more. Cost is $3 per individual.
- If you would like a tour of the garden as a prospective event venue, please call the office to make an appointment.
Do you have volunteers?
- We love volunteers. A number of dedicated individuals donate their time and energy to help make the gardens great. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the Volunteer page. If you have a group that would like to do a volunteer day, please call or email us.
Do you have a photo & videography policy?
- Garden guests are welcome to take photos throughout the Garden without a scheduled session as long as there is not a private event in progress and the photos are for their personal use and enjoyment. If you happen to get a great shot, we’d love to see it! Send them to email@example.com or share it on our Facebook page. Professional photographers are asked to join as members.
- All commercial or profit generating photography sessions do require a professional photography session reservation and fees are charged.
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS
A Professional Photographer is defined as someone who is being paid to take photographs on the Columbus Botanical Garden property or using photos for commercial or gallery use. Those who wish to use the grounds are encouraged to join as members of the Garden at the Golden Trowel level of $250. This will eliminate per session fees, and as an added benefit, the photographer’s website will be listed on the CBG website per our discretion. Membership must be current and renewed annually. Upon receipt of membership dues, an ID card with lanyard will be issued and should be worn at all times when working with clients in the Garden. The lost lanyard replacement fee is $10.00.
For a one-time session for non-photography members the fee is $35 for up to 8 persons, including the photographer and assistants, for a maximum of two hours. Should the group be larger than 8, the session would now be scheduled as a private event and users will be charged accordingly. Receipt of payment for a one-time session must be available to show CBG staff at the time of the photography session, should staff request.
Due to demand, sessions must be confirmed with payment in full one week prior to the session. Sessions may be rescheduled but refunds are not permitted.
Reservations are required for professional photography sessions; no walk-up requests are granted.
No unauthorized professional photography sessions are allowed at any time on Garden property. As stated above, a fee is required for all professional photography sessions that are not part of a private event taking place at the Garden. This includes, but is not limited to, homecoming and prom photos, engagement photos, wedding/bridal photos, and family portraits that are not part of an event booked at the Garden. All Columbus Botanical Garden brides are welcomed and encouraged to take photos at the garden free of charge prior to their wedding to include engagement, save the date, and bridal portraits.
The farmhouse may be used for scheduled photography sessions for photos and wardrobe changes; however, this is only available during office hours. Private event rates apply for reserving the home for photography sessions outside of office hours.
Photography during Private Events
Professional Photography sessions are not scheduled during private events. The CBG reserves the right to deny access to the grounds for photography purposes to anyone (including members), if the photography session conflicts with scheduled events. Those renting the grounds for special events receive priority.
Contact the office at 706-327-8400 to schedule a professional photography session. Fees directly support the mission of the Garden to develop gardens, protect woodlands, and provide education programs that stimulate the imagination and deepen our understanding and appreciation of nature.
- Entry into flowerbeds or plant displays is not premised. Please remain on pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant labels, or containers.
- Re-location of benches or any outdoor furniture/fixtures is prohibited.
- Do not block entrances, pathways, or Garden areas for use by others in any way.
- Drone photography is priced individually on a case-by-case basis and use of such must be disclosed when scheduling a professional photography session.
- All of the above rules and guidelines are applicable to videography as well as photography.
#watchyourgardengrow #CBG #growingtowardgreatness