Photography in the Garden
There is no more beautiful environment for pictures than the Columbus Botanical Garden. We welcome photography in the Garden under the following guidelines and restrictions.
General Policy and Guidelines
- Entry into flowerbeds or plant displays is not permitted. Please remain on pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant labels, or containers.
- Re-location of benches or any outdoor furniture/fixtures is prohibited.
- Do not block entrances, pathways, or Garden areas for use by others in any way.
- Drone photography is not allowed on the grounds.
- Guests are encouraged to take casual photographs of their visit for personal use and enjoyment with their cell phone or personal camera. Commercial use is allowed solely within the guidelines below.
Commercial Photography Guidelines
- Commercial photography must be approved by the office no less than 48 hrs. in advance. The Columbus Botanical Garden reserves the right to deny any photography session due to any conflict with the Garden calendar.
- Please be courteous to other visitors to the Garden. The Columbus Botanical Garden is first and foremost a garden, and reserves the right to end any photo shoot that interferes with normal garden activity (at the discretion of Garden staff).
- A photo session for up to 2 hours with a maximum of 5 people is $35 per session.
- Ask the office about a photography membership in lieu of the per session fee.
*Because a photo session is scheduled just like an event, a regular Garden membership does not cover photography fees.
*Those found to be taking photographs for profit without paying for the session or having a photography membership will be subject to denied future access for photography.
The Columbus Botanical Garden reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time.